Announcement of Position & Application Process
The Alpine School District Board of Education, American Fork, Utah, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Superintendent of Schools. The person selected for the position will fill the vacancy created by the retirement of Samuel Y. Jarman, who served for six years as superintendent.
Alpine School District is in its 106th year and has a vast history of rich educational offerings, academic excellence and strong family engagement. Alpine serves students and families throughout 14 municipalities. As the largest district in the state of Utah, Alpine has 92 schools, 81,532 students and employs over 8,900 professionals. The Board of Education’s commitments to supporting a comprehensive curriculum, maintaining safe facilities, and attracting, hiring, and retaining the best and brightest educators are what makes Alpine excel.
1. A formal letter indicating your desire to be considered as a candidate for the position of Superintendent of Schools of Alpine School District.
2. A Superintendent Application Form completed in full. This form is available on the Utah School Boards Association website at www.usba.cc or on the Alpine School District website at www.alpineschools.org.
3. A complete set of current transcripts.
4. Three professional letters of recommendation.
5. A current résumé, including accomplishments as an administrator.
The letters, application form, transcripts and résumé should be submitted to:
Richard Stowell ([email protected])
Utah School Boards Association, Executive Director
860 East 9085 South
Sandy, UT 84094
Questions should be directed to Richard Stowell. Do not contact the district or board members directly.
September 28, 2020–Deadline to submit completed applications
October 27, 2020–New superintendent announced
July 1, 2021–New superintendent assumes official assignment
View the Clear Creek Camp Schedule in the “Registration FAQs” document. We recommend selecting a few dates in case your first choice sells out.
Once registration is open, click “Eventbrite Registration” and select the date of your choice.
Fill in all requested student registration information and pay the required registration fee.
Complete Student Information & Health Form.