This webpage communicates with students, parents and employees of Alpine School District the plan for safely reopening schools amid the COVID-19 pandemic. The plan, approved by the Board of Education, follows guidelines issued by the Utah County Health Department and the Utah State Board of Education. Check back for updates.
“Active” means total number of students/employees who have tested positive and are in a 10-day isolation.
August 17, 2020
Parents of ASD Students,
Welcome back to the 2020-21 school year! We know that there is much excitement and anticipation for school to begin. This year certainly looks different than years past. As we reopen our doors tomorrow, August 18th, please remember the following:
1. 90% of our students will learn face-to-face in the classrooms, yet we will continue to monitor conditions in partnership with the Utah County Health Department. We need to be ready to shift to either a blended model or a 100% online model of instruction at any time.
2. Safety of both employees and students is a top priority. As you are aware, ASD is requiring face coverings in all schools. If a student is not wearing a face covering, they will be asked to put one on and will have one offered to them, if needed. If they refuse, you will receive a phone call to come to the school and pick up your student. If there is a reason based on an IEP, 504 or other medical condition, that your student cannot wear a face covering, please use the exemption form found on the front page of the ASD Website. The most recent State Public Health Order issued on August 14th clarified that school staff and students are asked to wear a face mask (rather than a shield). A face shield worn without a face mask is permitted in certain circumstances, such as when the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication, including for an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing or while participating in speech therapy.
3. Please do not send your student to school if they are showing any COVID symptoms (see attached COVID-19 chart.pdf). If this is the case, they will be sent to the quarantine area at the school and remain there until you can pick them up. We have to work together to keep students and adults in the building safe.
4. Remind your student to wash their hands often. We know that washing hands, wearing face coverings, and socially distancing as much as possible, are the best ways to protect ourselves and others.
5. Current information about the reopening of our schools at https://alpineschools.org/returntolearn/.
We have an amazing team of educators in the Alpine School District. Things look different in our schools, both with the physical appearance as well as the way we need to do things. What will look and feel the same is the love and concern that we have for each of our students. We are all coming back to school with excitement, but also with hesitation about the unknown. Let’s work together to help our students and employees feel safe, connected, and confident. We all need to feel these things now more than ever!
Please know how much we appreciate the partnership we have with you when it comes to the education of your child. Whether a student will be coming face-to-face, 100% online, or a combination of both, we are confident that they will receive an amazing education in Alpine School District.
Dr. John Patten Rhonda Bromley
Assistant Superintendent K-6 Assistant Superintendent 7-12
More than 16,000 surveys were completed by parents regarding online learning during the previous school dismissal and the upcoming school year. The survey was administered between June 18-28, 2020
More than 2,500 surveys were completed by employees regarding online learning during the previous school dismissal and the upcoming school year. The survey was administered between June 18-28, 2020
View the Clear Creek Camp Schedule in the “Registration FAQs” document. We recommend selecting a few dates in case your first choice sells out.
Once registration is open, click “Eventbrite Registration” and select the date of your choice.
Fill in all requested student registration information and pay the required registration fee.
Complete Student Information & Health Form.