There are many ways for students to access information, content, and curriculum in the current education environment.
Canvas is a Learning Management System used by teachers and students in Alpine School District. Think of it as an online hub where all of your classes live. As a student, you can see instructions, turn in assignments, receive feedback from your teacher, and more.
One important thing to remember is that while you can see your scores for assignments in Canvas, your official grades are found on Skyward.
The videos below will guide you through logging into Canvas through a browser or the Canvas Student App.
The videos below will guide you through navigating the Canvas dashboard and setting up your notifications.
Student Canvas guides and resources are available. To find these in Canvas, click Help on the navigation bar, then click Student Resources. Below are additional videos to help you use Canvas in Alpine School District.
Canvas Overview for Students
Canvas es un Sistema de Manejo del Aprendizaje usado por maestros y estudiantes en el Distrito Escolar Alpine. Piense en esto como un centro en línea en donde viven todos sus cursos. Como estudiante, usted puede ver instrucciones, entregar asignaciones, recibir comentarios de sus maestros y más.
Una cosa importante para recordar es que mientras usted puede ver sus puntajes por asignaciones en Canvas, sus calificaciones oficiales se encuentran en Skyward.
Por favor intente esta Capacitación Interactiva de Clics que le dará una excursión del Panel de Control de Canvas y los Cursos.
1. Welcome to Canvas! When you first log in, you'll be taken to your Dashboard. Let's explore the different parts of the navigation bar. First, click Courses.
2. The Courses button will show you all courses you're currently enrolled in. Clicking All Courses will show you past enrollments too. Next, let's click Calendar.
3. The Calendar shows upcoming assignments and quizzes. This is a great way to take a look at what's coming up. Next, click on Account.
4. Account includes your personal Settings, Files, and Notification Settings. Click Notifications.
5. You can and should customize your Notification Settings to set what you want to be notified for, and how often.
Now let's go back to the Dashboard.
6. Now let's take a look at one of your courses. Click into your 2020-2021 Course.
7. This is the homepage for the class. On the right, you'll see your To Do list. This is helpful, but remember that you shouldn't rely solely on the To Do List, or you might miss information. Let's click on the Welcome to this class! announcement.
8. Here we see an announcement from the teacher welcoming you to the class. Let's click Home to go back to the homepage.
9. Now let's take a look at an assignment. Click Assignment 1.
10. Here you'll see assignment instructions, the due date, points it's worth, and how to submit the work. Here it says File Upload. Click Submit Assignment.
11. At the bottom, you'll see a prompt to choose a file. We won't turn it in right now, so let's click Home.
12. Now let's look at a discussion. Click Discussion 1.
13. Here you'll see a discussion prompt from your teacher to reply to. Click Reply.
14. Type a reply in the text box.
15. Click Post Reply to post your response.
16. Click Home again.
17. Now we'll take a look at Quizzes. Click Quiz 1.
18. You'll see the quiz instructions, the amount of attempts you have, a time limit, and when it's due. Click Begin to take the quiz.
19. This quiz has one question. Let's select A as your answer.
20. Click Submit to finish your quiz.
21. You'll see the score that you received on this Quiz. Now that we're done, click Return.
22. Now let's look at our assignment scores. Click Grades.
23. You can see scores in the class. On Quiz 1 you got 4 out of 4. You'll also see a speech bubble icon which means that the teacher gave you feedback. It's important to check the feedback on your assignments. Click the speech bubble.
24. The teacher left the comment, "Great job on this quiz!"
There will be times where the teacher may have a question for you, so always check the feedback. Click Home.
25. That's a quick look at this course. Each teacher may set up their course a little differently, so make sure you ask your teacher any questions you have. Let's look at one last thing on your Dashboard. Click Dashboard.
26. You'll notice that there's a To Do list on your Dashboard. Click Show All below your To Do list items.
27. This brings up your To Do List View for your courses. You'll see tasks to complete for all classes. Be careful though, as not every task you need to complete will be listed in the To Do list. Click the 3 dot button to bring up view settings.
28. Click Card View. This will take you back to the original Dashboard view, so you can see all of your courses.
29. And that's Canvas! Ask your teacher for any help you need, and you can also click the Help button in the menu, then click Student Resources for additional help.
View the Clear Creek Camp Schedule in the “Registration FAQs” document. We recommend selecting a few dates in case your first choice sells out.
Once registration is open, click “Eventbrite Registration” and select the date of your choice.
Fill in all requested student registration information and pay the required registration fee.
Complete Student Information & Health Form.